It has been more than two years since the Russian Cancer Society (RCS) along with Central European Cooperative Oncology Group (Vienna) and N.N. Blokhin Russian National Medical Research Centre of Oncology (Moscow) set up the CENTRAL AND EAST EUROPEAN SCHOOL OF ONCOLOGY (CEESO) which has been successfully functioning since 2019.
FOUNDERS AND CHAIRS
INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC BOARD
Elena (Russia) Tanja (Slovenia) Jack (Great Brritain) Evgeny (Russia) David (France) Pavel (Russia) Sergey (Russia) (France)
During this 2-year period we have organized 9 Schools with international participation:
- Lung cancer (May 24-25, 2019 - offline)
- Gastric and esophageal cancer (October 23-24, 2020 - online)
- Lung cancer (October 23-24, 2020 - online)
- Oncogynecology (October 23-24, 2020 - online)
- Gastric and esophageal cancer (June 09, 2021 - online)
- HPV-associated cancers (June 17, 2021 - online)
- Cancer immunotherapy (June 30 - July 1, 2021 - online)
- Oncogynecology (October 28-29, 2021 - online)
- Lung cancer (November 01-02, 2021 - online)
Within the framework of CEESO in June 2019, a remarkable event for cancer prevention – the first Russian conference with international participation “HPV-Associated Cancers: Primary Prevention and Screening” - took place, and in October 2020, in the Russian Academy of Sciences a Round table “HPV vaccination is effective. Missed opportunities and implications for Russia” was held.
The CEESO also includes webinars and lectures on the most important issues of cancer epidemiology, prevention and treatment.
- Cervical cancer (February 18, 2021)
- Primary prevention and screening of cervical cancer (March 11, 2021)
- Lung cancer (October 06, 2020)
- Cervical cancer (September 09, 2020)
- New paradigm of cancer screening: assessment of benefits and harm (May 30, 2020)
- Vaccination against HPV is effective. Missed opportunities and consequences for Russia (May 30, 2020)
- Prevention of smoking-associated neoplasms: the concept of harm reduction (May 31, 2020)
- Russian way to longevity: cessation of alcohol abuse (June 20, 2020)
- Overdiagnosis of thyroid cancer (June 21, 2020)
Within the framework of the CEESO 262 lectures were delivered.
Our Schools were attended in total by 7120 participants from various cities and regions of Russia, as well as from other countries (Belarus, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Georgia, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Ireland, Hungary, Finland, etc.)
In 2022 we have scheduled CEESO Courses:
- Breast cancer (February 18-19, 2022 - online)
- HPV-associated cancers (April 01-02, 2022 - online)
- Cancer immunotherapy (May 19-20, 2022 - online)
- Cervical cancer (June 09, 2022 - online)